Sustainability and the Environment
Ropes Crossing is surrounded by 900 hectares of Regional Park, and we understand the fragility of our native environment.
When we began planning Ropes Crossing, we made a commitment to protect and enhance the natural environment.
Our environmental initiatives for Ropes Crossing include:
- Preserving more than 20% of Ropes Crossing as parks, open space, nature reserves and wetlands.
- Planting native flora throughout the community. Not only does this ensure that our plant life matches the local environment, but these native plants require less water and reduce the energy consumed during maintenance.
- Working with local groups, including Conservation Volunteers Australia, to host seed collection, weed removal and habitat rehabilitation programs.
- Ensuring buildings meet BASIX requirements for energy and water efficiency.
- Educating residents about how to be more environmentally aware.
Learn more about living in Ropes Crossing